Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tony Moly Berry Trendy Hair Bleach (Hair Experiment Part 2 - Bleaching / Ombre Hair Tutorial)

Hello! So, I continued my hair experiment. I used the Tony Moly Berry Trendy Hair Bleach from my Tony Moly Haul to bleach my hair.

My hair was in "50 shades of autumn" which basically looked like.. roots= light brown, middle part = red, tips= dark brown.

I tried stripping the red with vitamin c in my Hair Experiment Part 1.

But it only made the red slightly brighter and the dark brown.. well, it felt like it stripped every dye on it and made it in my natural black hair color.

I decided to bleach it so it goes as light as my roots but I ran out of bleach and didn't reach the red middle part.

I didn't plan on going ombre but I thought, meh, it's just the roots, I could cut it off if they pester me.

So here's what I did and what it looked like..




For the second part of my hair experiment, I bleached my tips with the Tony Moly Berry Trendy Hair Bleach from my Tony Moly Haul. I bought it for about 148php on SM Megamall branch of Tony Moly/


It's contains Berry Complex to minimize damage to hair and is easy to use!

Inside the box contains a 10g sachet of blue toned powder bleach, a 30ml sachet of lotion and another small sachet of Tony Moly Berry Trendy Hair Treatment.

It also has a leaflet for instructions in korean, but to those who doesn't understand korean, inside the box there is also an english instruction, just rip it open.

This bleach is ideal for bleaching small portions of your hair, like for Highlights and Ombre which I did.

photo credits to owner
From black asian hair, here is the transition of colors depending on how long you leave it in your hair.




What you'll need..

1. A cape, because this stains clothes.

2. Gloves, bleach can sting / burn your skin.

3. Plastic bowl and plastic cup, no metal because the mixture is going to heat/warm up.

4. Petroleum Jelly, to protect your skin from accidental dye stain.

5. Wide toothed hair comb, to even out the color.


Steps..

1. Part your hair into section you're going to bleach.

2. Put Petroleum Jelly on part like the back and front of you ear, your nape and parts of the skin that might get in contact with the dye.

3. Wear your gloves and cape.

4. Take the powder bleach and the lotion and place it in a plastic bowl.

5. Stir with the plastic spoon and mix well. If you feel the mixture getting warm, it means it's ready to use.

6. Apply to the parts of hair you'd like to dye from tips going up and brush with a comb.

If you're going for ombre, using your hands with gloves on is better to prevent leaving a harsh straight line.

7. Cover parts with plastic or tin foil for best results.

8. Check after 30 minutes, take a very small portion of hair and take the dye off and see if it can still take it or light enough for your liking.

9. If it's still a bit dark you can leave it in fro 10-15 minutes more.

10. Rinse with tap water, then shampoo and condition.

Tip: DO NOT LEAVE THE BLEACH IN FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR AS IT MAY CAUSE YOUR HAIR TO START GETTING FRIZZY / FALLING OFF.

I left mine for an hour and 15 minutes  bc my hair was so thick but I wish I hadn't.

It dried out a bit and considering I had multiple times dyed hair and it wasn't really healthy, it needed tender loving conditioner and oils to manage easily.




 My 50 Shades of Autumn Hair <3
using my catchu wink tony tint in orange cha cha~ ♥
Here's how it turned out on me ^^ See the light brown roots, red middle part and dark brown and finally, the ombre.

It looks brassy and orange-y but I quite like it. I'm still gonna use the Tony Moly Milky Blonde on it so wait for Hair Experiment Part 3! ♥

I hope it turns put well for you guys and thank you for reading up to here. It really means ALOT! ^o^


Signed, 



2 comments:

  1. how long are you waiting to do part 3? do you think it's not okay to do it all in one weekend? considering doing this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for reading my blog entry!
      I just finished blogging Part 3 here http://dearestdenziiee.blogspot.kr/2014/03/tony-moly-berry-trendy-hair-color-cream.html
      I'm sorry it took along and I hope these help/helped.. ^^

      Delete